Thursday, April 22, 2010

In a funk

I hate those days when I feel totally inadequate. All of my weaknesses, faults, stuff I need to get to but can never seem to make the time to do, books I need to read, habits I need to break, habits I need to create, rooms (or garages) I need to clean, stuff I need to teach my kids, stuff I forgot to do, are all glaring me in the face. I rarely have those days (thankfully, I'm usually an optimistic person), but for some reason, today is the day.

*Bleck*

Feeling a little better after a prayer, a work out, and some "getting around to it" organizing.

Luckily, a new day is always coming, spring always follows winter, and time makes everything feel better again.

Here's lookin' forward to tomorrow.

8 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

;)

Cori said...

Amen!

Becky Jones said...

I've been feeling the same way. It seems the harder I try to do that I need to the harder Satan works on me. It just doesn't seem fair. Thank goodness for prayer and exercise. Know that you're not alone!

Annie said...

I know how you feel.... relax and take one thing at a time. Before you know it... all will be well!

CollyWolly said...

I feel this way a lot. I tend to take it all in as guilt. Glad to know that even you shinning optimistic stars are sometimes feeling the same way we more pessimistic types are.
Love reading your blog. I'd love to hook up for a visit/play date one of these days.

DIAZ BLOG said...

It think it is the weather!!! Nice and sunny one day....gray and rainy the next....just like our moods. Bring on the sunshine!
You are awesome Kim....don't let yourself get down. Love ya!

Benjamin said...

Why is it that is so much easier to notice all the stuff we haven't done than the stuff we have? i suffer with this way of thinking from time to time- i'm pretty sure all women/mom's do. But you did what was best by not letting yourself dwell on it too long. Your a good mommy, lady and friend- Cheer up charlie!

hahahah by the way before you get creeped out you should know that this is sariah, not benjamin. I'm house/kid sitting for my bro and sis-in law's at there house and i'm on under there name. HA!

Sarah said...

It is always nice to know that you aren't the only one that has those days! All last week I was like that! It was hard. The house never seemed to be clean enough, kids were just so hard. Ethan knows how to open the doors. I HATE IT!!!! No fun! Just know you are not alone! :)