Madison was sharing a room with Hailey for a while, now we've got her in with Logan. It's working ok, but Logan would rather she weren't in there. Can you blame him?
Sad, sad furniture.
Ugly bubble gum pink paint.
Matching furniture wasn't in the budget, so we "gathered" pieces here and there, and painted them chocolate brown to match.
This sad little guy we picked up for $5 at a yard sale.
Another yard sale, another $5. (we fixed that bottom drawer)
...and free from a neighbor.
Hailey picked out the paint color. It's called Jamaican Dream. LOVE it. But how to make it coordinate with the pink and brown comforters they picked out really did keep me up at night.
The end result: A tropical themed room. This is Hailey's bed. The bed set is Roxy and it totally looks like board shorts. I painted 3 hibiscus flowers on the wall (you can't see the brown one).
Her beloved book case containing her fondest treasures: her books.
I brought back sand and shells from Florida, so I bought these hurricanes from Walmart ($3 ea) and added a candle and VOILA! Beautiful if I do say so myself.
Maggie's night stand. Free from a friend. Painted white with a tea stain glaze to "shabby" it down.
Maggie's dresser and shell collection.
Maggie's bed. I plan to do a painting to go above her bed too.
I'd still love to add some paper lanterns to the ceiling, a palm tree in the corner and I still don't know what to do with this GIANT EMPTY wall. (Actually I have plenty of visions of what COULD be done with it, it's fitting it into my budget that's the problem).
The girls love it, and that's what really counts right?
5 comments:
I love the color! I've been feeling the urge to paint myself but I haven't found the motivation yet. Great job!!!
Ooooo- I'm telling {insert name here that I can't remember...last name is Morgan right?} that you called her paint color ugly.
I think that the new color is perfect! As for the big blank wall, how 'bout something like this:
http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/2009/05/using-ballard-designs-as-inspiration.html
OR
you could paint some big rectangles on the wall with your leftover flower paint and pin up their "art" in the middle (cost=free)
Looks fab as is though!
The room looks awesome and good job on the flowers. I am way impressed. Here is an awesom blog if you ever want to try and build your own furniture. The plans are really user friendly and they have just about anything you could want.
http://knockoffwood.blogspot.com/
It looks so cute! Good job on the flowers. I'm sure they LOVE it!
It looks so good!!! You did a great job. I sometimes wish I could do the girls room fun, but right now just isn't the right time! Someday right?!! I love it!
Post a Comment