Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Florida Part IV

Wednesday morning we had to check out of the Ritz, but we weren't through with Florida yet, and we had arranged for a hotel up the street.
Before we had to check out, I wanted to take some more pictures of the Hotel. Here are a FEW of the ones I took:

Our room was the third from the bottom on the far right, with the door slightly open, which is how we left it pretty much the entire time, so I could hear the ocean.


The Spa.


Adam in the courtyard.


A harp sculpture which was also a fountain.


The gorgeous pool we never got to use. The weather wasn't great. (In the low 60's with a FRIGID wind that felt more like low 50's) In fact, the locals told us it was the coldest season they'd had since 1929!!!! (The temperature in Florida today, one month later is in the mid 80's. SO unfair!)


Another cool sculpture.


Me on the board walk. It was like a mini everglade on the way to the beach.


The Mangrove trees were COOL. They send roots down from the BRANCHES. They were even growing in the ocean.


We checked out and boarded the shuttle to the airport to pick up our rental car. Very appropriate for Florida, doncha think?



There was the GREATEST outlet mall about 10 minutes from the Airport, so that's where we spent the rest of the day. We shopped till we couldn't take another step, and more than made up for the fact that we had spent $0 the previous three days.



The shops were all out side and every thing was so beautiful. They were even playing beach-y music which added nicely to the ambiance.


I love a good fountain.


When it got dark, we headed to the nearby brick oven pizzeria for dinner and went to see "When in Rome".
By the time we checked into our new hotel it was after 11:00. After staying at the Ritz, The Holiday Inn was less than impressive. Especially since our room was on a smoking floor! I was trying not to think to my self, "what a dump" but I didn't do very well. I woke up 3 times during the night because the smell was bothering me so much. I knew Adam felt bad (he booked the reservation), so I tried really hard not to complain, but I was defiantly ready to get out of there and do some sight seeing in the morning.

No comments: