Me. (I took my jacket off for the picture, so it looks deceptively warm)
Some of the lovely shops.
Our Ben and Jerry's-the only thing we could afford. :)
Next it was over to Old 3rd Avenue. A bunch of galleries, and boutiques (again VERY high end) but a fun stroll any way.
I agree:
We stopped at the port to buy some souvenirs for the kids. This is Adam. Isn't he attractive?
We decided to drive through Port Royal and gawk at the houses. This was really fun. While we were driving though the neighborhood we saw some pretty impressive cars too: A Lamborghini, a Rolls Royce, an Aston Marten, and a Maserati (among lots of lesser Mercedes, Jaguars, Lexus etc). It was interesting to see the front of the homes which we saw the back of on Tuesday from the water. Every one of these homes had a back yard on the ocean. They were beautiful!
This was one of my favorites.
We ended the day watching the sun set on the Naples Pier. It was so beautiful and SO FREEZING!!!!
A woman (local) we chatted with told us in the ten years she's lived in Naples she'd NEVER seen the waves this high at the Pier.
Me and Adam. Do I LOOK freezing, because I was?
Sunset.
Old Town Naples at night. I love twinkle lights on a Palm Tree.
TheTommy Bahama store where we bought the most delicious pineapple candle.
Farewell Naples.
It was 8:00 when we left town and we hadn't eaten dinner, so we headed back in the direction of the Hotel to find a place to eat. Instead, we found the Ultimate Beach Shop. Can't resist that, so we stopped in for a few more souvenirs.
We finally found a Carrabas and went in to eat at 9:00. It was yummy, but I'd just as soon go to Macaroni Grill and pay half what that cost.
When we got back to the hotel, I politely asked the front desk if they had a room open on a non-smoking floor. They put us in another room, which meant we had to pack up everything and move to another floor, but I was much happier that it smelled like a hotel room instead of a bar. I slept great.
The next day, we flew home to our wonderful children, whom I was actually missing quite a lot. It was nice to miss them a little, I really don't have a chance to miss them much.
It was a GREAT trip and it was the first time Adam and I have been alone together for more than one night since our first baby was born. It was wonderful, but I am (almost) just as happy to be with him at home (which isn't very often sometimes). We have a great family and a great life together. I'm one lucky girl.
1 comment:
It looks like you guys had a blast. That is so fun that you guys got to get away. I must admit I am a little Jealous!
Post a Comment