Monday, after we were done with school, we rolled out the paper and I traced the kids. They giggled and squealed as I traced in their arm pits and down their sides. Then they decorated their "paper dolls" and made clothes for them.
They were having so much fun. They kept thanking me again and again for buying the paper so they could make their dolls. It was fun to watch them, with their little bows furrowed and their little hands and minds working. They turned out pretty cute, and we filled the snowy after noon without any TV (which is more than I can say for today...)
Here they are in the play room working hard on their life size paper dolls.
Hailey is modeling the tracing process. She didn't want me to take a picture of her's yet because the face wasn't done, and I forgot to take one later.
Logan drew his own face, teeth included..... scary
Maggie's is surprisingly accurate...
.....and I knew you'd want to see the wreath. It was %40 off and I love it.
It reminds me of candy. I have a love hate relationship with Easter candy; love the candy, hate the extra lb's.
4 comments:
I saw a show years ago (I think I was still nursing Sierra!) where they traced the kids out on the wall of the playroom and let them paint in the details...SO CUTE! You could cheat and cut out the drawings and tape them on the wall...then stick them on the front porch wall haha.
That wreath reminds me of nerds and the cute little slide top boxes they would come in. YUM.
What a good idea! And I have the exact same relationship with all candy!!!
Kim I am suprised to see that you are a homeschooler. What made you decided to do that and how far are you going to teach them?
My dad gave Madelyn a HUGE stack of his old drafting papers when he switched to doing it all by computer. She pulls them out all the time & traces the boys & has me trace her. They absolutely love to decorate them up like themselves. It's a fun activity isn't it!?! Your kids did a great job...their paper-selves look cute:)
Post a Comment