The Thursday before Halloween, we had a pumpkin Night. We spread out a sheet and newspaper on the floor in the family room, and carved our pumpkins while we watched "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown", and I made pumpkin cookies and roasted the pumpkin seeds. We had to put Madison to bed because she kept trying to chew on things- seeds, newspaper, carving tools etc.
It was so fun and our pumpkins turned out really cool. Hailey's was the cat, Maggie's was the wolf, Logan's was the happy face and Madison's was the Spider.
Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast
I made a special Halloween breakfast of pumpkin pancakes and made them into Halloween shapes: A bat, a ghost, a moon, a star and a pumpkin. I should mention that we were rocking out to "The Monster Mash" while we ate.
I LOVE Halloween!
Costumes:
Hailey was a Geisha:
Maggie was a "pretty witch" (notice the "beauty mark):
Logan was on Lightning McQueen's pit crew:
(I like this costume because all I had to do was stick the Velcro together on the back )
Madison was a Piggy (I love the tail)
(This is my mom and Maddie at 1 800 Contacts annual Employee Family Trunk-or-Treat. My mom and two of my sisters work at Contacts)
The kids are ready to Trick or Treat
I'm a cat every year. I have a pair of VERY tight black pleather pants Adam tried to talk me into wearing- keyword: "tried".
And Adam likes any excuse to wear this hat. He reminds me of Chevy Chase on "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation".
Every year our Neighborhood gets together for a weenie roast in the middle of the neighborhood. We have hot dogs, hot chocolate (although it was so warm this year it wasn't really necessary) scones, chili and a variety of finger foods. The Young Men do a "spook alley" which is really a spook porch, at the Young Men's President's house, and we play scary music and mull around in the street. It is so fun. After trick or treating we came home and the kids watched "Scary Godmother" and Adam and I ate the kids candy and watched "The Incredible Hulk".
It was such a fun Halloween.
2 comments:
OH! You have such a cute family! How fun! You are a fun mom! Kalli is editing your pictures now. I picked the best ones for her. Maddie didn't have a really great one. She must have been mad or something. Anyway, when I get them back I will send them to you. If you want the originals I can send them too. Love you!
How fun you are! How in the world do you make pumpkin anything and shape the pancakes that way... Oh boy, I have a lot to learn!
Post a Comment