Thursday night I went to one of the 12:01 showings of Twilight. I went with my neighbor Sariah, and her family. All of the 20 theaters were showing the movie. The parking was insane. The place was packed. Wall to wall ladies (and a few gents). 25% were teenage girls in prom dresses, another 20% or so in PJ's, and all of us so excited we could hardly stand it.
When the film started we were actually cheering in the theater. It was a really fun group.
I had been skeptical about the actor who was chosen to portray Edward, but I was pleased in the end. He pulled of the sexy, smoldering look brilliantly. He was a little too upset all the time though. So was the girl who played Bella. They were a little too intense and there where definite problems with over acting. It was little "jr high" at times and a little bit of a let down compared to the book. But overall a fun time and a good movie. I actually saw it again the next night with my family. I'm not crazy or anything. My mom got me a ticket before I made plans with Sariah, and if you know me well, you know that I NEVER turn down a party! If there's a gathering of some kind, I'm there. I need a sign that reads: "Point me to the Party".
Anyway, I liked it better the second time. I was able to watch it as a movie instead of comparing it to the book and the acting didn't seem as bad as it did the first time.
My biggest complaint was the guy they chose for Jasper. He looked psychotic. Good looking, but totally freaked out.
I wonder what the next one will be like. The special effects weren't great, so they'll have to make big improvements to do the ware wolves next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment