Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mommy-land











Well, I finally did it. I jumped on the band wagon with both feet and joined the world of blogging.

Welcome to mommy land. The land of spit-up, diapers, binki's, potty training, kissing boo-boos, sippy-cups, and cheerios. Of lull-a-byes, and bed-time stories, nursery rhymes and tooth fairies. (the tooth fairy at our house is chronically forgetful. Dumb tooth-fairy) . Land of Baby Einstein, Dora the Explorer, Matchbox cars, Littlest pet shop, Hannah Montana. The end of uninterrupted sleep, or "running to the store really fast" (everything takes forever now). The days of refereeing fights and going to soccer games. Looking for sales and spending extra "me" money from my husband on my kids. Of park dates and family vacations. Momentous "firsts": first tooth, first step, first word, first owie, first hair cut, first time they say "I love you" on their own. First picture they color for you (followed by 500,000+ more). First book they read on their own, first BFF, first football game with Dad. And all too soon other firsts to come: first boy/girl friend, first kiss, first car, etc. It used to feel so far away but now I wish I could put on the breaks for a little while. Mommy land is not at all what I thought it would be. It is so much better and so much harder that I would have dreamed. And although some days I feel like I'm drowning in laundry and dishes, and I yell at the children I love, or even worse, disappoint them, I still can't imagine doing anything else more worth while.

7 comments:

Missy said...

Yeah Kim! I'm so glad you have a blog, It's fun and I'm excited to read up on what's going on in your life since we get together just a few times a year! :) You are so funny and creative with your words, I'm in Mommy-land too!
We need to get together soon.
Love, Missy

Kim said...

Luv ya Miss!

Brandy Christensen said...

Hey Kim, I am so glad you got a blog! To answer your question...Raquel Allen is who I go to for out family pics. She rocks!!!!

raquelallenphotography.com

Erin. said...

Yep, it's official....you're a blogger. Now your only chore will be to keep it up with a weekly (or more) update! Good Luck! Our blog is http://kebrooksbyfamilyblog.blogspot.com/

Missy Lee said...

Yay!! I'm excited that you have a blog now too! It's a great way to stay in touch, without having to make a phone call (which is almost impossible because my kids never have anything to talk to me about until I'm talking to someone else on the phone!!)Your kids are adorable :o)

Annie said...

Yay! I am obsessed with blogging and I am so glad you started. Your first post is darling!
XOXO

Annie

Michelle said...

Kim! It makes me so giddy with happiness to know I get to keep up with your darling family this way....yeah!!