Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gardner Village

So a couple of Fridays ago, we decided to go to Gardner Village for the evening. Adam works until 7:00, so we met him at the Lehi freeway exit at 7:20 and grabbed dinner at the Subway drive-through. Logan refused to eat a sandwich (the boy refuses to eat meat. What kind of man refuses meat? The four year old kind I guess). So then we had to drive across the street and wait in the Wendy's line (three cars and it took 8 min.! This is Wendy's right? ). So by the time we get Gardner Village it is 10 to 8. Not such a big deal, but what we didn't know is that every thing closes at 8 o' clock. I should have suspected as much when we pulled in and the second parking stall was actually available. So we wandered around taking pictures to document the "trip". I think Adam thought I was nuts. Its not like we had a really great time or something. The candy shop was still open so it wasn't a total waste. When we left Maggie says, "We're leaving? That was boring." I wouldn't go right to boring, but it was kind of sad. Oh well.


Me and the kids

Maggie took this picture. Not too bad, I thought.

Remember these. "Candy Buttons". I found them at Sweet Aftons, the candy shop. We used to get them all the time when we were kids. I used to eat as much paper as candy, but it was still a fun Blast From the Past. Adam didn't get what all the fuss was about, but I was totally excited. For those of you who don't know I'm a sucker for sentiment, and nostalgia (sp?).

(By the way, they were totally gross).

2 comments:

Katie K said...

One year at Gardner Village Mom was excited to see the candy buttons and she got them so Shannon and I could try them. And they are gross. I like the post! Loves

Meg & Josh said...

OMG! I can't believe you found me in the blogging world! :)

You look great, and your family is beautiful! I'm so glad to hear you are so happy!