Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Love Goggles

So I was looking at my baby yesterday, and I thought, "I really do have the cutest baby in the whole world". I know that every mom thinks that. And every time I have a baby I think that. Now, we can't all have "the" cutest baby. So why do we always think we do?

I decided it's because we see our kids through Love Goggles. We see pretty much every one we love through Love Goggles. Love Goggles filter out all the negative stuff and highlight every thing that is good. It's like when you meet someone who maybe isn't attractive to you, but after you get to know them you just think they are the cutest thing ever. (no I'm not referring to my husband. I thought he was cute even before I got to know him)

Then I started to think about a quote I heard in Young Women once:

"The greatest gift I could give you, would be to see yourself as I see you."

This is of course supposed to be The Savior talking to us. So I wondered, does He see all of us through Love Goggles?


And what if we could see
each other through His Love Goggles?

....Oh what a world it would be.

4 comments:

Missy Lee said...

Good food for thought Kimmy!

Angela Hill said...

HOLY COW!!! Kim Hanson, I was wondering where life took you. I am so excited you found me. And now as a bonus I get to see what Wade and Melissa are upto too.

Your family is beautiful! Where are you living? We are in Idaho.
I have just two kids. Ashlyn is almost 5 and Kyle is 2 The birthday pictures on my blog (cookie monster) were of my nephew.
Glad to see you, keep blogging.

Candice said...

Hi Kim! Chelsea just told me about her blog and I was so happy to find that there are other bloggers in the ward. We were saying how crazy our ward is with all the kids, and that it's hard to have a conversation with anyone at church. Blogs are the perfect way of getting to know people because you can do it while your kids are asleep! Ü Also, I understand the love goggle thing, but seriously your kids are so cute. I don't think it's just thet goggles. Ü

Katie K said...

Wow that was profound. :) Love it! And I think your baby is the cutest in the world too.