Friday, February 20, 2009

Deal Diva!

I am on a total money saving high right now!
I've been "smart shopping" for a while now. It's when you purchase things with coupons that are also on sale and get awesome deals (a skill I actually learned from my husband)! Some weeks are great and some weeks are just ok.
Well, Alberson's had a GREAT deal this week!

I used to pay $16 a month and get 5 Sunday papers and clip ALL of the coupons. It was too overwhelming, so we cut it down to just the one Sunday paper. Sometimes we'll get an extra here or there and sometimes we get coupons in the mail.

So, I would have had even MORE to brag about if I had all those extra coupons to work with, but even with only one paper a week, this aint too shabby:

My first purchase:
4 boxes of Fruit roll ups : .75 each
1 box toaster strudels: .65 ea
2 boxes brownie mix: .63 ea
3 boxes of cereal: 1.17 ea

Total: 8.42
And then, for purchasing 10 "participating" items, I got a $10 credit for my "next" order.

My next order was:

2 warm delights cake mixes : 1.67 ea
1 frosting tub : 1.67
1 cookie mix: 1.67
2 pkgs ready to bake cookies: 2.50
4 pkgs chex party mix: 2.00

Minus the $10 credit from my previous purchase
and 4.90 in coupons:
Total: 4.78
These were another 10 "participating" items which gave me another
10 credit for my next purchase!

Which was:
2 pkgs pillsbury biscuits
2 pills cinnamon rolls
2 pills crescent rolls
4 cans of progresso soup
Minus $10 credit and 4.90 in coupons:
Total 4.89

Another $10 credit for "participating" items

Last order:
4 kellogs cereals 1.75 each with coupons
ans a FREE gallon of milk!
Total: 5.00
and a $10 credit for the next time I Visit Albertsons!

WOOOOO HOOOOO!

Total spent: 23. 09
Total Savings: 92.69!!
Definitely worth $3 for the Sunday paper and the 2 hours I spent clipping coupons and preparing my list this morning!



The Spoils:






Not bad for 23.09- and down to the food storage room we go....

7 comments:

Erin. said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one out there who gets such a kick out of a good sale. Sure makes feeding four hungry kids a little easier!

Missy Lee said...

Good job Kim! That's awesome...I knew there was a reason we're friends :o)

Michelle said...

Great job, Kim!! I like knowing there's someone else that freaks out about good deals as much as me...

Sarah said...

That is so cool! I am trying to do the samething. I have been doing it with the kids clothes. The other day I got 3 outfits for Ethan and only paid 8 dollars! It is SO much fun shopping deals!

Emily said...

What a smart shopper!! You have more patience than me. I'm not sure I could spend the time preparing. Of course, maybe if I tried, the outcome (& savings) would give me the satisfaction to do it again:)

It looks like you had a fun Valentines Day! I love the pink rose in all the reds:)

I laughed so hard at the pictures with Adam's pants...sooooo cute! Kids will be kids:)

Brandy Christensen said...

Thanks for the tip! I am on my way to get that book. I think it is funny that Natalie Kay educated you on the playground! Do you still talk to her?
p.s good job on the savings....I need to work on that!

Puerto Rican Gringa said...

What an amazing deal! I heard it worked but I really didn't believe it!