So after I got married I told Adam I didn't care how cliche it sounded or what a waste of money it probably was, all I wanted on Valentines day from now on were flowers and a box of chocolates. And every year, he delivers.
I'm the "special" pink rose among the more ordinary red ones....Aw
One year he thought it would be fun to get the kids something special too, but he set the bar a little too high I'm afraid. Now every year they expect flowers and a box of chocolates from their Daddy. And every year he delivers.
I'm so happy that they will never have to endure a flowerless-chocolateless (is that even a word?) Valentines day. Until they find a special boy who thinks they're special too, their Daddy will be their Valentine. (my girls are so lucky)
Later in the day, we were able to attend the Draper Temple open house. It was SO beautiful. I'm always impressed with how well organized things are where the Temple is concerned. Later that night I was putting Logan to bed and I asked him what was his favorite part of the temple. He said it was the baptism place. He said, "If I die, you can go get baptized for me and I can be alive again." (Close enough). It's so funny how kids process things.
Every Valentines day we have a special menu. Breakfast is Pink heart shaped pancakes with Strawberries and Whip cream (sorry no picture, but they were yummy).
And dinner is a heart shaped meat loaf. "Love Loaf", (don't laugh) potatoes and carrots and we set the table with flowers and candles and sparkling cider and let the kids use the glass goblets. They think it's so fun to be "fancy".
The "Love Loaf" (it tasted better than it looks)
Hailey took this picture. It looks like I'm trying to bite Adam....
It was a very busy, very fun Valentines.
6 comments:
Looks really fun! My dad always gave us flowers for valentines too. He would always get us a corsage on Mother's Day too.
Awwww...now don't tell my girls about your tradition...what they don't know won't hurt them! Although, I may end up stealing your idea for a Valentines dinner. The 'love loaf' is hilarious!
That is so cute! Very sweet of Adam! I agree too. I know that it is a kind of silly day but I need it! I told josh the samething. I love your hair long by the way. And that last pic is great! Very cute!!! :)
Great post! But the best part was Logan's favorite part about the Temple. haha! So cute!!
sounds like you had a great day! Valentine's Day is the best!
Fun Day! Cute Husband! Nice heart-shaped meat log! All those little details make holidays especially momorable. Looks like you had a great day.
Post a Comment