Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Put yer pants on!




This morning, I was pouring a bowl of Wheaties for breakfast. On the box, was a picture of Nastia Liukin (the Olympic gymnast) in a leotard doing splits in the air.

Logan: "Mom, what is that girl doing?"

Me: "She's doing gymnastics. She's jumping in the air doing a split."

Logan:"Why doesn't she have any pants on?"

Me:"Well, she's wearing a leotard. It's OK to not wear pants when you're wearing a leotard and doing gymnastics or dance."

Logan:"Are there boys there?"

Me: "Yes, boys do gymnastics too."

Logan: "But they would see her without her pants on!"

Me:(holding back a giggle) "Yeah, I guess they would."

(quiet contemplation)

Logan: "Well, I wouldn't cheer for her!"

Me: "Why not?"

Logan: "I would only cheer for the girls with their pants on!"

5 comments:

Erin. said...

Good for you, Logan. But, I will be asking you about girls and pants when you are 16.....

Emily said...

Your kids are so adorable, Kim! It really was good to see you. I can't believe you live as close as you do. We really need to get together. It would be great to hang out with you guys again:) I will be in touch!

Looks like you've taught your little man right:) That is too cute!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Hmmm....maybe he's more of a boob man.

(I'm totally flashing back to watching the olympics with my sisters when I was little, and we would yell at the TV "Pick it out! Pick it out!" when the girls would get wedgies)

Sarah said...

Yea you have a blog too! Don't you love what kids say. They sure are cute Kim. :)

Katie K said...

HAHA! oh man I love that boy. Sounds like you taught him about modesty. :) Good work Kim!