Saturday, January 24, 2009

Memory #3

Bikinis on Parade

Last night, Adam pulled out our box of old pictures to find some funny old shots for his Facebook page. We spent a couple of hours looking at pictures of our childhoods and high school days. His favorite picture was one of me and a group of girls on our senior spring break trip to St George. It brought a pretty funny memory to mind.

My friend Missy and I and a few other girls decided to go to St George for spring break. One day, we were getting ready to go swimming with some other friends of ours who were staying in the Hotel across the street. My friend Leslie brought a very impressive collection of bikinis with her and offered to let us borrow some. Not wanting to be the only one in a one piece suit, I put on a bikini for the first and LAST time in my life. And I chose a bright red, satiny little number which more closely resembled underwear than swimming attire. I felt like I was in my underwear too.

So there we were, the five or six of us in our bikinis crossing St George Avenue. We had just reached the sidewalk when we heard whistling. We turned around to see who it was just in time to see a car full of boys leaning out the windows, slam into the car in front of them! Luckily they weren't going fast enough to hurt anyone though.

Serves them right for staring.

This was the first time I began to understand the power women can have over men. My Dad tried to tell me about this power and warn me not to abuse it. I didn't believe him until that moment.

Silly teenage girls, not understanding what we were doing to those silly, SILLY teenage boys.

3 comments:

DIAZ BLOG said...

That is just too funny! so true about the power girls have over the boys! As married women we have learned to use that power wisely!

Annie said...

That is hilarious... I think we were in St. George that weekend as well... and we got into some trouble..and then I married the culprit..Good Times!

Michelle said...

Ha! The same thing resulted by our cheerleader's car wash fundraiser on the corner of a busy intersection in high school...