
Today, my house is full of 4 sick kids and one tired Momma.
I have a problem falling asleep. It usually takes me AT LEAST 1/2 an hour, but lately it's been more like 1-2 hours to fall a sleep at night. It is so frustrating. I roll over and notice the time every so often and get totally irritated that I'm still awake! 10:15, 11:00, 11:45 12-freaking-30! Ugh!
So last night we go to bed at 10:00. Adam is happily snoring away with in minutes (not even a tiny exaggeration. I've counted 30 seconds and he was asleep before! So not fair!) Anyway, midnight comes and I'm just falling asleep when I hear Logan get up crying with one of those horrible croupy wheezing noises. This is the kind of breathing that used to freak me out, and I'd promptly send Adam to the Emergency room with the kids. Since I'm a pro now (4 kids qualifies, right?) we just strip the kid down, and hold them in the bath room with the hot water on full blast to fill the room with steam. Logan DID NOT like this. He kept yelling at me to put his shirt back on and he was getting all sweaty. He said he wanted Daddy to give him a blessing. Se we dressed him again, and he sat very still while Adam gave him a blessing. Then we wrapped him up nice and warm and Adam took him out side on the porch to breath the cold air. They sat there for a while and Adam had just brought him back in the house, and got him settled down, and Madison started to cry. So I nursed her back to sleep. By that time I was exhausted and REALLY REALLY wanted to go to sleep, but poor Adam was snoring again. So I poked him and he decided to go down stairs. (This turned out to be a very good decision, for him. I'm sure he got more sleep downstairs on the couch than he would have if he had stayed upstairs) So I finally fall asleep around 1:00 and Madison wakes up again at 3:00. I nurse her again (don't judge me, it's just easier to feed her than listen to her scream), and I get settled again, and then Maggie comes in my room at 4:00 crying because she has a cough and sore throat and can't sleep. I get her some medicine, and fall asleep again. At 5:45, Adam kisses me good bye on his way to work, and then it's 7:30 and the garbage truck wakes me up again. Oy.....
I'd totally rather have all of the kids sick at once and just get it over with, than have one sick child then, another, and another for a week or two, but give me a break. A girls got to sleep!
4 comments:
The cold air thing works like a charm. Only knew about it after our gazillioneth trip to the ER...bundle 'em up and go for a car ride with the windows down. That's what all the doctors told us they say to their patients who are meeting them at the hospital and usually by the time they get there they won't need a treatment at all.
Okay, and I should've said that I actually have found a perfume I like. I know - STOP THE WORLD. And who wudda thought? Britney Spears. It's called Fantasy. Lame, right? I love it. I sniffed it at Kohls (my husband, like yours, is determined to having me smell "like a woman") and bought it at Target for like 15 bucks. Give it a smell and let me know what you think....and I'm with you on the musk. That's all my mom EVER wears. GAG.
This time of year stinks. I know exactly how you feel. I've just had one kid sick after another instead of all at once. I totally agree with you about the sleep. How are we supposed to take care of the sick ones all day long each day with absolutely no sleep inbetween. So sorry. I hope they get better soon & you get some good rest:)
Oh....not fun at all. It is funny how after that many kids, we know it all (just about!)Here's to sleeping tonight!!
Oh Kim I know how you feel. Sometimes I just think "WHY?" Our three girls and I all got sick the same night in Dec. We had food poison from the one and only McDould's. It was so crazy. We were all SO sick. I thought someone was playing a very rude joke on us. Sorry about the sick kids. I hope you are all feeling better!
Post a Comment