So here's the scene. It's Sunday after church. There's something about making kids sit through three hours of church that makes them go a little crazy. They are always at their silliest on Sunday afternoons.
Today was no exception.
Hailey comes to dinner with two large softball size Nerf balls in the rear of her pants singing, "Shake your booty. Shake your booty". She then takes a seat at the dinner table and says, "Wow, that didn't even hurt."
Me: "Does it usually hurt when you sit down?"
Hailey: "Yes."
Dinner progresses without any further mention except the kids are now singing: "Doncha wish your girlfriend was hot like me, DONCHA?" and shaking their little bums. (No, I don't play Pussy Cat Dolls for them, it's on Alvin and the Chipmunks.)
Any way, after dinner, Hailey removes the balls from her pants (I know. I really wish there was a way to explain this without using the phrase,"balls in the pants", but it is what it is) and throws them back down stairs.
The next thing we know, Logan is running to the bathroom with the balls in his hands and says, "I'll be right back". He emerges from the bathroom a few minutes later. The only reason it took him so long to come out that I can think of is that he took a few minutes to admire himself in the mirror. He comes out with his pants around his ankles and the balls in his underwear. We laughed because it did look funny. The boy's legs normally look like sticks with apples where his knees belong. Now they look like stick, apple, stick, grapefruit.
As we're chuckling at him and telling him he's supposed to put the balls in his pants, not in his underwear Maggie whines :"He had mine in there too!" One of the balls was hers, and the look of distress on her face due to the fact that her ball was touching his bare bum was funnier than anything else. So we start laughing harder, which only makes her more angry. So she starts chasing him. From room to room you can hear Logan laughing, and Maggie screaming; "Logan! Logan! Logan! Take mine out!"
I don't know what we'll do for entertainment when the kids grow up.
5 comments:
haha!!
I don't care who you are, that's some funny stuff right there!!
That's too funny!
You're children are adorable! I am glad that I get to see them every week!
too, too funny!
Post a Comment