Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Florida Part I

Adam was awarded "Presidents Circle" at work for last year. One of the things he received with the very prestigious award was an all expense paid 4 day 3 night trip to the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Naples Florida.

I spent the last two weeks planning (had to get sitters for my kids-thank you family), tanning, so I could lay out on the beach EVERYDAY and not burn, and packing.

The day FINALLY arrived and we left early Sunday morning. After a 51/2 hour trip, not including a connection in Atlanta, we landed at the Fort Meyers Airport in Southern Florida. A Driver was waiting for us at baggage claim and drove us to the MOST incredible hotel I could dream of.






We were escorted to the welcome party in the sushi bar and received our room keys, itinerary and this cute beach tote:



It was Sunday, I felt weird to be in a bar anyway, let alone on a Sunday, so we headed up to our room.





We enjoyed the sunset and I got some great pictures with my new camera.

This is one of the views from our balcony. The board walk connecting the courtyard to the beach.



The courtyard as seen from our balcony.



Me. :)



Adam :)



This is my favorite picture I captured of the sunset. (I took like 20)



I like how this one looks like the sky is swirling.



We changed for the "welcome reception dinner" and stopped in the lobby to choose our "complimentary" Maui Jim sunglasses. (!!!!!!)



Needless to say, by this point I was sufficiently impressed and feeling very important and a tad spoiled.

We headed to the ballroom for the most incredible buffet dinner I'd had in my life (the first of several on the trip).





We met lots of really great people and when the night was over we headed back to our room and this was waiting for us:

(cleaner and a screwdriver for our new FABULOUS glasses)



We settled in for our first night in LUXURY, listening to the waves crash against the shore.......

4 comments:

Cali said...

What? Such a great vacation! Where does he work and are they hiring? 8)

Kim said...

Cali, he works for Fidelity Investments. Don't be fooled though, We don't live like this all the time. We've been paying our dues for a long time now , but it's nice to finally see some of the "fruits of our labors". ;)

Missy said...

Kim, that is so AWESOME!!! You guys deserve to be pampered! Way to go Adam! and what a perfect time to break in your new camera. I'm excited to see more. R U there now? if so, I hope you have SO much fun!!!

Taryn said...

hmmm I think Travis needs to win that award. I am glad you had a fantastic time, much deserved together time.