Saturday, March 27, 2010

Florida Part III

Wednesday morning we awoke to a stormy morning. The wind was blowing and it was raining buckets.
We went for breakfast and Adam headed off to his meetings while I went to the SPA for a massage. It was gorgeous inside. You could enjoy a sauna, steam room, hot tub, or mineral pool while you waited. And there was refreshing pineapple water to enjoy as well.
The massage was wonderful, and I wished it could have lasted an hour longer.
When I left the spa, I saw SUNSHINE, and had a hour to kill before I met up with Adam after his meetings, so I headed to the beach. It turned out to be the only sunny, warm hour I had the entire week, so I'm glad I was able to get at least that. I walked down the beach and practiced some more with my camera.

The view of our hotel from the beach.


A funny little flock of birds enjoying their breakfast.


A seashell I found which reminded me of a butterfly.


.....and an abandoned sandcastle. This just made me happy :)


There is no place on earth where I feel more at home, more blissful, or more in awe of Good's creations than I do on the beach. That hour fed my soul and was the happiest I'd been in a long time (and I'm pretty happy most of the time already, I have a great life after all).But there is something about the ocean that I love more than just about anything.


When the hour was over, I met up with Adam and we boarded the bus headed for the golf course. (He golfed, I rode in the cart, took pictures and read my book.) I actually really enjoy being on the course even if I can't golf yet. (Considering my husband majored in golf management, has worked on several golf courses and is fully qualified to teach me, it's pathetic that I have still never played a round of golf. I blame lack of time, and lack of funds.) While we were golfing the weather took a turn and the (cold) wind picked up again. It was a beautiful course though. You can buy a season pass to golf there for $11,000. FYI

This is the Ritz Carlton Golf Resort Hotel.


Putting. Can't beat the backdrop.


That night we were supposed to have a farewell beach party on the beach, but the weather wasn't cooperating, so it was inside instead. I loved the decorations and all of the food was tropical themed: crab cakes, scallops, King crab legs, fruit kabobs with pina colada dip, watermelon salad, mango flan, mango sorbet, mango salsa....oh it was delicious.

Me, Adam, Tim and Jen Carr. We met so many awesome people. By the time we left it felt like we'd known them for years, instead of just 3 days.


The bar....where we ordered lots of ice water.... (and a couple of Dr Peppers).


Cookin' up the crab cakes.


I love a good paper lantern.


After after dinner it was time to bust a move on the white dance floor, to the tunes of the awesomest DJ ever. We had so much fun. We were trying to imagine how mortified our kids would be if they saw us. (well, probably only Hailey, the others are still young enough to think we're cool.) The funniest thing was that the next day, we were totally sore. Seriously? Are we THAT old?!

Psychedelic Adam.


No one looks cool in a freeze frame when they're dancing. This is my defense. (And Jeremy and Kristal Taylor)


Our last night at the Ritz.


Or free gift for the evening.


Another great day in paradise.

No comments: