The victim:
2 1/2 hours at the Instacare
5 stitches
1 reward for good behavior
Amazing what this girl will do just to get a Pet Shop.....
Just kidding.
Maggie really was very brave.
She came bouncing into the garage to see me as I pulled in one evening and stepped on the ....uh...well, the pooper scooper. Sliced the bottom of her toe open.
I told Adam it needed stitches and he happily let me take her to the Instacare (he can't even stand the smell of hospitals).
She was REALLY nervous and wanted to have a prayer before we left. Adam prayed that the doctors would do a good job taking care of her. When he finished she told him he did it wrong. He was supposed to pray that she wouldn't need stitches.
She was very brave and I made the doctor numb it topically before they gave her the shot, so it really didn't hurt at all.
I can't believe we've made it 9 years as parents before we had an incident needing stitches....
5 comments:
lucky you.....Brandon was on his THIRD set by the time he was nine!!! Next time you are behind him notice the inch long scar on the back of his head! That was one of the best! Battle scars...the kids love them! Anyway I am glad Maggie is OK!
haha he prayed for the wrong thing.
Simon has had three sets of stitches already and he is only 4. Jonah and Luke have already had some also. I would say you are very lucky!
Brave girl!!!! I know those things are bound to happen but it stinks anyway.
I feel Maggies' pain! I think I broke my pinki toe yesterday.(It's all swolen and purple) I guess it's not very smart playing soccer in flip-flops, even when it's against a 4 year old :)
Post a Comment