Sunday, September 27, 2009

Logan turns 5

Logan turned 5 on Sep 11.
He spent the day with his Grandparents. They took him fishing at Jordanell, back home for his favorite dinner (tacos) and he built a huge block city with his Grandma.

We had his party a few days later.

For Logan's birthday this year, he wanted a Monster Truck themed party.
So, putting my snobbish, east coast upbringing aside (and after all of my attempts to talk him into something a little more "sophisticated" failed), I relented.




I was totally stumped as far as what party game would go with our Monster Truck theme though. And then, a stroke of genius. We would create our own miniature Monster Truck arena.

I went to Dollar Tree and bought monster trucks for each guests goody bag. Then I went to Walmart and bought the largest bag of dirt I could find. I dumped it out on the back patio and spread it out, and made hills and jumps and lined up Logan's Hot-wheels cars for the Monster Trucks to crush.




I spent the better part of 90 min decorating Logan's Monster Truck cake. He wanted a blue truck with red flames.



We had pinata and little sticky men that you throw at the wall and they creep down. They were the highlight of the party.





He got not 1- not 2 not-3, but 6 MORE monster trucks from his friends (among the other gifts.)




It was such a fun party. Watching those 10 little boys drive their monster trucks around in the dirt, getting filthy, I thought to myself "this is exactly what little boys are supposed to do".





Thank Heaven for little boys.

And thank Heaven for Logan too.


I love you Buddy.

5 comments:

Katie K said...

Hey that cake you made was awesome!!! What a cute party!

Candice said...

That's such a cute idea! I'm totally going to steal your pile of dirt idea. What little boy wouldn't LOVE that?! I might have to buy a cake though, cause I know I couldn't make a cake that cool. :)

Rebekah said...

That cake is amazing!!!

Sariah said...

I say thank Heavens for blogs so these ideas are written down, easily accessable and complete with pictures for those of us who want a good party idea.
That cake was totally cool, was it hard to watch your hard work get digested quickly? I may be tempted to put in a glass cake and display it on a shelf.
Happy B-Day Logan!

Missy said...

Kim, you are an amazing cake maker! You could totally sell those for big moola :)