In the last 10 years we've had 4 pregnancies, 4 babies, 5 homes, 8 jobs, 6 cars, 10 Christmas trees, 5 fish, 7 cats, 2 dogs, 1 broken bone, 3,660 sunsets, a few tears and thousands of kisses.
We have a great marriage, great kids and a GREAT life together.
Some of our anniversaries have been really special, others, not so much. (our 5th and 8th anniversaries were spent moving- packing/unpacking/cleaning etc.)
This year Adam really out did himself.
Ten days prior to our anniversary, I found a card and little gift on my pillow. The card said that I would be receiving a gift each day for the 10 days leading up to our anniversary in honor of the 10 wonderful years we've been together.
Gift #1: My favorite treat: An "apple pie" caramel apple from Rockey Mountain Chocolate Factory- heaven
Gift #2: New sheets, 650 thread count sateen sheets to be exact (we are total sheet snobs)
Gift#3: 2 dozen roses, and a box of Chocolates delivered by the friendly FedEx guy
Gift #4: Cute new jammie's from Victoria's Secret
Gift #5: "Message in a Bottle"- this was really sweet. Adam wrote me a beautiful love letter in a bottle and it came in the mail beautifully wrapped. You have to know that my husband is a man of few words when it comes to matters of the heart (he shows love through service mostly) and so on the rare occasions he writes me love letters, they are even more special. (This is the 4th in 10 years I think. )
Gift #6: Cute new swim suit for our Vacation in St George
Gift #7: Cute swim suit #2 for our vacation
Gift #8: Cute new Gauchos for our vacation
Gift # 9 was a pretty little "night gown" and chocolate covered strawberries. There is no picture of this gift (you're welcome)
Gift#10 A DVD of our ten years together.
Adam and our sweet friend Jake, worked tirelessly on this for WEEKS to surprise me with it. We could not afford a wedding video when we were married and it's something I was always a little sad about. So (being the man that he is) Adam put on his "Mr Fix-it hat" and gave me what he couldn't 10 years ago.
I cried, no, bawled through the whole thing. (a sure way to tell if it's a winner is weather or not I'm crying.)
The gifts were so fun and meaningful and thoughtful, but nothing could be as priceless as the last ten years I've been lucky enough to be married to my very best friend.
6 comments:
Good job Adam! That is so sweet! I'm with you on the sheet snob thing. I LOOOOOVE nice sheets!
Gadfreys, I'm jealous.....Adam is so very sweet and I wish that he would rub off on my husband a little more....congrats on 10 years. I'm a firm believer that being married takes lots of work, everyday. You guys are doing great.
SOO SWEET! I love to hear stories like this that are not in a movie!
Congrats on a happy 10 years!
I totally CRIED!!! I don't know what is wrong with me but I love you guys and your babies!
that is awesome! Don't you just love the romantic stuff!!! By the way, where did he get the suits? Alyssa nad I need some new ones and those are so dang cute!
WOW!! I'm shedding a tear right now. Maybe because I feel partly responsible for this ( :o) ) J/K~ We just had our 9 year and it wasn't nearly as fabulous as yours. Maybe 10 is the magic #. I'm gonna make Wade read this- hehe!
Post a Comment