A while later, I went back to the dryer to pull out the load and fold it and put it away.
I open the dryer door and out fell a black Crayon.
I'm not too worried, after all, I only had them in on low for 10 minuets or so.
But as I start to pull the clothes out I notice black crayon smudges ALL OVER everything!
I was sick to my stomach! My white jeans, Logan's new Easter suit, a Nike golf shirt Adam got when he worked at the U S Open (irreplaceable), and several other of our favorite articles of clothing.
The entire load, ruined!.....
Or so I thought......
When I got married, my Mom gave me this book:
It is full of easy, common recipes (German pancakes are my favorite), substitutions, how to clean with house hold items (vinegar and baking soda to clean out pipes and get rid of hard water etc)
And how to remove stains.
I really wasn't very hopeful, but was desperate enough to try anything.
I pre-treated all the spots (and there were plenty) with this:
(the greatest invention ever) and followed the recipe for how to remove crayon stains. After a soak cycle and two wash cycles....
VOILA!
A few shirts have some residual staining, but for the most part, every thing came out beautifully.
Crisis averted. Whew!
5 comments:
I've considered buying stock in the Spray and Wash Stain Stick...it is my absolute favorite for stains! A great Martha Moment for you....
I learned that the hard way when I washed Will's cell phone. He had taken everything out except his phone was in a "small" pocket. Good thing we had bought insurance on it!
That same exact thing happened to me, only with a magenta crayon! I was able to get most of it out as well, but Randall still has a couple of shirts with faint pink stains on them. Don't tell anyone! Ü
Does it have a chapter on how to get craft wood paint out of clothes?
LOL! I have been meaning to blog a story very similar to this. Mine is a touch different.
PEN - in the dryer
Lucky for me it was just one outfit and it was Nate's cloths. He got chemicals on them at work, and forgot to check his pockets before tossing them in the wash.
So how do you get black ink out of the dryer when it is cooked all over? (I was terrified to put any other batches in there)
Nail Polish remover, I googled on the internet and found this was the preferred answer. I had tried like 5 other things and had no luck.
Maybe I should go get that stain stick and try it on his shirt. I still haven't got the stain from that. I do have that book too, maybe that will have the answer.
I guess I should go blog this now that I told the whole story on your blog :o)
Post a Comment