Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mount Saint Heaton

We've had a fun time recently learning about volcanoes. We looked them up on Wikipedia, and checked out books from the library. We even watched Dante's Peak for movie night one night. (not the best show for young children just before bed by the way)
So the kids wanted to make their own volcano.

So we mixed some flour, and water and A LOT of salt and made this:




And we waited,
and waited,
and waited for it to dry.

And then of course we had to paint it.


And FINALLY, today we watched it erupt:



It was definitely the the highlight of the school month.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

how fun!!

Candice said...

What a good Mom you are! I mean, that one project involved play dough, paint, AND food coloring! Those are like the three messiest items that my children ever ask to use (to which I usually respond "maybe later"). You're amazing!

Sariah said...

Where's the people and animals the boiling hot lava encompassess? Huh, what's that, too savage? Well, I suppose your right... but, intertaining.

That looked like fun!

As always,
good ideas!