Friday, February 5, 2010

Chuck E Cheese and Patriotism

A few Fridays back, Adam had the day off so we decided to take the kids to Chuck E Cheeses to reward them for filling the "bean jar". They get to put beans in the jar any time they do something that I think is "bean worthy". ie: getting ready for bed the first time I ask them to, saying "yes Mom" (this is my FAVORITE and earns twice the beans) being especially helpful etc. The jar I chose was apparently bigger than necessary, so they'd been working on it since June. They were very excited to collect their reward, and the difference it has made in their behavior ( especially Logan's) is priceless! It forced me to recognize the great things they do and praise them more often. It has made such a difference in our home. They are happy for being praised and I am happier for NOTICING the times when they are good.

We had a GREAT time. The only reason they go is to earn tickets to "buy" things behind the counter. (These same things would probably cost less than ten bucks to buy, but where's the fun in that?)


This pinball machine was the fastest way to get tickets (and A LOT of them!) and they pretty much camped out here.




Daddy and Logan.



Logan shooting hoops. I pointed out to Adam that without any coaching, he already shoots like a boy. Girls don't shoot like that. Boys are born boys and they already know what to do with a toy car by 1 year old, how to make sound effects and shoot a basket ball with out any one ever showing them how.




Maddie and the mushroom...




A few of Hailey tickets.




Maddie took over my racing game....typical.




She DID NOT like the swing though!



After the fun was over, we headed to American Fork for Hailey and Maggie's Liberty Girls "Hooray for the USA" program. The girls learned patriotic songs and each did a project centered on something patriotic. Hailey and Maggie (and I) learned the Pledge of Allegiance in sign language.


The Pledge (this is the sign for "allegiance")




One of their group songs. Maggie's eyes are closed...again.




Logan was in the front row, on the edge of his seat, singing right along with them (doing the motions as well). It was so funny. I guess they practiced at home enough that he memorized every thing too.



They did SO great! It was such a cute little program and I LOVE the Liberty Girls group they are in! They are learning to love reading, history and our country. I am so proud to be their Mama.

2 comments:

Cori said...

You're such a smart Momma! What fun for your family. Lots of great memories to share.

Rebekah said...

You are so skinny in that picture. You better tell me you excersize like four hours a day or I am going to have to hate you!