We went Thursday night and the lines weren't too bad.
I drove over with the kids after a dinner of split pea soup which no one would eat. I enjoyed mine, but got the stomach flu the next day, so let's just say that was the last bowl I'll eat anytime soon.
The first things the kids wanted to see were the Ginger bread houses. Here are some of the best:
The picture really doesn't do it justice. This thing was massive.
Adam met us in the kids corner after he got off work. The "elf wands" (tinsel taped to plastic sticks) are the biggest hit every year as well as the giant bubble blower.
I think the pictures pretty much show the way this works.
Since no ate the soup I made we bought everyone cinnamon rolls and milk. $1 for a tiny carton of milk! I could have bought 2 gallons for what I paid for 4 of those things! It's a good thing it all goes to a good cause.
My favorite thing is to walk around and look at the trees and read all of the sad stories about the people they're dedicated to. (I always cry and look like an idiot. Why I do this to my self I really couldn't tell you.) Our favorite was the "American Girl" tree. Hailey is really into American Girl dolls right now.
We were having so much fun we didn't leave until it closed at 10:00.
1 comment:
How fun! I miss going to the festival of tree's, it's too far of a drive for me :). My mom always calls me and tells me how cool it is every year. Just to rub it in my face that I can't go.....Is that what you're doing???? lol
Post a Comment