Friday, December 5, 2008

Deck the halls, and walls and bedrooms... Fa La La La La La La LA!

I LOVE to decorate for Christmas! If only I had more money to buy decorations....:)

This is my Department 56 New England Christmas Village. (Some of it any way. It won't all fit on my piano)





The kids each have their own Christmas tree in their room. This is Hailey's. She decorated it herself this year. Didn't she do a good job?




The dilemma: how to decorate a Christmas tree for a six year old girl and a three year old boy who's room colors are blue and brown and pink and brown, and not spend much money?
The solution:
Buy a 3 foot tree at the after Christmas sale for $5 dollars (last year). Buy a few inexpensive ornaments from Walmart and use a lot of ribbon left over from my sisters wedding last summer. Total cost: less than $15

TA DA!



Here is my tree. (66% off at the Roberts outlet store in March. The ornaments were $1 for a box of 6!)



I re-did the top of my tree this year. I bought all this stuff 50% off at Hobby Lobby for less than $15. Aint it perdy?



This is my favorite ornament. Adam bought it for me in one of the shops in Park City.
Aw....



Do you believe in Santa Claus?



This is our Advent calendar. (Less than $10 bucks at TJ Maxx- love that store for holiday decor)
The kids take turns moving the candy cane and eating a chocolate each day until Christmas.



And last but not least, the kitchen cabinets. I got the garland for $.50 a strand, the lights for $.75 a strand and the fruity thingies for like $.20 after Christmas a Roberts last year.
:)


6 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

SOOO YUMMY! And the Adam loves Kim??? Totally cheezy- I hope it got him some "after hours appreciation" for scoring some major points. And I'm lovin' the kids tree too! We used to do the tree in every room thing until...well, no good reason really, just kept moving and had to downsize our stuff everytime to get everything to fit in the truck ;) And your red curtains tie right in. It's just like at my house - as far as color palettes go, I'm ready for Christmas year round. I can't believe that those chocolates are safe out in the open! I would have to replace those daily (and it would probably be Roger to blame) haha

Missy Lee said...

Dang girl- You are ambitious! The entire time I'm putting stuff up, I'm thinking to myself, I just have to take it all down and put it all away in like 3 weeks!! Good job on all of the bargains...That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!

Daymon and Shannon Swensen said...

so creative and festive. All our christmas decorations are in storage 300 miles away, so we will be improvising this year. I'm jealous...

Garet and Andrea said...

I love your village. I cant wait til ours starts looking good.

Katie K said...

OK. This year TAKE ME WITH YOU when you go get all these amazing deals. K? I love the ornament that Adam gave you! So cute!

Katie K said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.