Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Morning


 I redid my tree this year. I had a so much fun decorating it. I did all the ribbon and the picks, and the kids put the ornaments on. We all love how it turned out.





                                                          Hailey and Bridger from Santa




Only 4 of the gifts under the tree are from Santa. The rest are all family presents. The kids used their allowance for the last few months to buy presents for every one in the family. They bought very nice, thoughtful gifts. 6 people buying presents for 6 people = a lot of presents!


                                                   Madison, Logan and Maggie from Santa



                                                                       Cutest slippers ever!


                                                             
                                                                    Here they come!










After Santa presents, we tidied up a bit and played with our new toys while mom made breakfast. After breakfast, instead of taking turns OPENING presents, we took turns GIVING out presents. A subtle difference, but one the kids caught any way. This was my favorite part of Christmas. The kids have learned to be generous givers ans well as grateful receivers. There was such a nice spirit present as we gave our gifts of love to one another.
 This was one of the highlights of Christmas. This was Madison's reaction when Maggie gave her a scarf she crocheted herself.  


                                                          Jammies from mom and dad











 Bridger just sat and stared at the box for at lest five minutes. It didn't occur to him that there was a car INSIDE the box. :)




I had so much fun decorating this year, I wanted to get some pictures of it so I could remember what I did for next year.

 Kitchen decor

                                                                             Stair well


                                                                            Family room



 The kids all have trees in their rooms they decorated themselves.

Hailey's Tree.

                                                                                      Maggie's tree


                                                                 
                                                                    Madison's tree



                                                                downstairs Entertainment center


                   Snow flakes in my room. And the temple picture was my Christmas present. It says
                                             "Heaton Family est 1999 Salt Lake Temple"




                                                       New England Series Dept 56 Village.




                                               As the kids said, "It was the best Christmas Ever!"
                                                               (until next year any way.)


2 comments:

Puerto Rican Gringa said...

Your tree is beautiful and so is your family! We can't be that old to have kids so old! Glad you had a good Christmas!

Katie K said...

Beautiful. :) Love you and your family. I hope I can teach my kids as well as you have.