OK, so my birthday was two months ago, but I'm going to try to do a little catching up.
Adam planned and planned and I had a WONDERFUL birthday.
It started the night before. Adam made us reservations for Castle Creek Inn.
This was our beautiful room. The rooms all have Medieval themes. Ours was Excalibur. Adam got there early and decorated the room with rose petals, a Carmel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, and sparkling cider.
The jetted in-room tub.
He told me he made reservations for dinner, but wouldn't tell me where. Knowing how much I LOVE Italian food (and fine dinning), he found this incredible restaurant. This is the picture I tried to get as we drove in.
I know taking pictures in a restaurant this nice is totally tacky, but our server was really awesome and offered to take this picture for us.
The menus were so cool, they lit up when you opened them!
Our reservations were really early (5:00) so for a while we were the only ones in the dining room, so I took advantage of the time and took a few shots of the decor. It really was beautiful.
And even more beautiful was this wood smoked pork chop. THE BEST PORK CHOP I'VE EVER TASTED!! This was actually Adams dinner. I ordered the Sea Bass which was also delicious, but slightly less delicious than Adams pork. Also, I ate mine too fast to get a picture of it (he, he).
After dinner we went back to our room and watched movies and soaked in the wonderful jetted tub. The bed was large, and soft and very high. I had a wonderful nights sleep.
The Inn served a breakfast of heart shaped waffles, ham, hash browns, fruit and juice.
Then it was time to get going because my wonderful husband had schedule a maternity massage and facial for me that morning. We parted ways, and he headed off to pick up the kids from my parents house (thanks Mom and Dad!) and I headed off for my morning of pampering.
After the massage I wandered around Tai Pan for a bit, got a salad at the deli there, and headed home.
The kids were anxiously waiting for me to get home so I could open my presents. My kids are so cute and thoughtful. Hailey bought me grapefruit spoons (which are totally awesome by the way). Logan bought me a cookie dough scooper I'd seen at Christmas time and I mentioned I wanted it. He remembered all the way till my birthday and went back to buy it for me. (I love cool kitchen gadgets). Maggie bought me a willow tree figurine (another thing I mentioned I wanted and she remembered). Adam surprised me with a few really great gifts (new maternity jeans, and some more bed bath and beyond treasures) but the best one was my hot rollers. They were my favorite for a few reasons; I can actually curl my hair and it stays for longer than 1/2 an hour, but most of all because Adam remembered that I wanted them. It wasn't a gift I asked for. It was something I'd mentioned casually one day that I wanted to get sometime. He (1) LISTENED (2) REMEMBERED and (3) FOLLOWED THROUGH and went to Sally's all by himself and picked out a very nice set. I was so impressed with how attentive he'd been the several weeks leading up to my birthday. I'm so lucky he loves me. :)
Next it was off to do something fun together. It just happened to be free Zoo day, so we headed up to the Zoo with the kids.
My camera had a hard time going from out side to inside the humid rainforesty room.
This guy just made me laugh. I named him Einstein. (it's the hair that really makes the monkey isn't it?)
Next it was off to Maggie Moo's for ice cream. I really wanted to get the ice cream cupcakes, but the kids wanted cones, so we'll just have to wait for next year.
I didn't prepare a single meal or wash a single dish ALL day!
Thank you for a wonderful birthday honey! And thank you to all my friends and family who remembered me with little gifts and phone calls. I can't remember a better birthday.
2 comments:
That is where we stayed the night we got married. It is way nice. It looks like you had a wonderful birthday. You are lucky to have such an awesome family.
Wow!!! What an awesome celebration! You deserved it, for sure :)
Post a Comment