Saturday, February 19, 2011

Too old for skinny jeans?







Something happened to me when I turned 30. I realized that I don't want to look like a teenager any more. I'm not even in my 20's any more, so why continue to dress like I am? So I've branched out. The Jr's section is no longer very appealing to me. I have a more "sophisticated" taste now........maybe. I have made a few comments to people when my kids were around about how I want to dress like a thirty year old now instead of trying to look younger than I am.

I am also very slow to jump on the band wagon of some trends. It takes me a while to warm up to new things. Take skinny jeans. They have been around for a while, but I have held firm to my opinion that they really aren't meant for any one larger than a size 4.  But, I tried on a pair that actually didn't make by rear end look bigger. They are actually really cute, and I can wear my long boots with them.

So I bought them.

The first day I wore them my 10 year old says, "They look kind of weird on a THIRTY year old."    Hmph.

I really need to be more careful about what I say in front of my kids.


But for the record, we went to the mall that day and almost every other Mommy I saw that day was wearing skinny jeans.

 Made me feel better. :)

3 comments:

Missy said...

I am very impressed you got skinny jeans and you're like half way through your pregnancy! and you probably didn't even look pregnant, skinny mini :) I have not yet bought a pair , maybe because I am not a size 4 either?

Missy said...

Kim, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I left a message on your phone and said I would call again and I knew I would forget! I hope you had a great day, we need to hang out soon.
xoxo

Michelle said...

Ha! How funny....I just got my first pair last week! And I love them....