We did have a great summer though and, since I'm horribly behind on my blog updates, I'll give a quick summary of some of the fun things we did. Many of these events need their own posts, and hopefully I'll get to that, but in case I don't at least I'll have mentioned them. :)
Mom and I had our first golf lesson.
Adams office had a "Family Day"
We visited the temple grounds and Church History Museum.
Adam went on the Pioneer Trek with the youth and came back an even better man (though it's hardly possible)
Our Alabama friends the Norris' visited us. We met while our husbands were going to school in Mississippi State. Michelle is one of the best examples of a kind and cheerful mother that I've known.
Josh, Luke, Logan, Claire,Hailey, Maggie, Madison, and Jake. (Leah chose not to pose for the picture. :)) When we met we each had one child. There are now nine collectively!
We hiked to the waterfall in Sandy I used to hike to with my friends when I was in High School.
We toured the SWEETS candy factory.
We hiked to Donut Falls.
Eating doughnuts at Donut falls. :)
We visited Moroni for the 4th of July. We went to the parade and fireworks with some of our neighbors.
Sisters.
Went to Grandpa Heaton's for swimming and fireworks on the 5th of July
Four wheeling with our pal's the Garners.
Camping with Hanson's.
The Red Barn in Santaquin for ice cream.
Spent the weekend in this beautiful cabin in Delta for the Heaton family reunion.
Swimming at the Legacy center.
Threw a Pink-tastic baby shower for my little sis Katie and baby Mable.
Two weeks later, Katie was diagnosed with Toxemia and delivered baby Mable three weeks early. She was blissfully ignorant of the danger to her life. Sadly, her family was not so ignorant and it was a VERY tense few days.
Mable Mae Keele weighed a little more that 5 lbs. Born Aug 2 (her parents 2nd Anniversary).
Maggie turned 8 and had a fiesta themed party.
Adam baptized Maggie.
Grandma Heaton made this beautiful dress.
The ward camp out at The Willows campground.
Ice blocking in Sliver Lake.
A Sunday drive up the canyon.
We sold a car....
...and bought a car (but not necessarily in that order).
We took a wonderful vacation to Bear Lake. The first two days were warm.....
......the last two days were cold.
And Logan turned six!
Whew! What a Summer we had!
5 comments:
Wow not a cute picture of me but I'm honored to have made it on the list of events this summer. :)
Great post, Kim! Looks like you had a great summer! Miss you!
Sounds like fun! You'll have to tell me how you get to that waterfall in Sandy. It's beautiful!
I loved seeing your re-cap and the pics of our visit! Although I find it super funny that you think I'm so nice when it looks like I must be pinching Claire. ;)
Wow, what a great entry, I am so impressed you are caught up! I need some pointers how to do it, my problem is I post way to many pictures, I like how you really narrow it down, like: "We took a wonderful vaction to Bear Lake. The first two days were warm...the last two days were cold" :) love it! miss you, we REALLY need to hang out.
Post a Comment