Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hee Haw Farms

A few days before Halloween, we went to Hee Haw Farms with a couple of other families in our neighborhood. It was fun, but a little less than I expected. I guess there is a reason Cornbelly's is so much more expensive....you get what you pay for. It is an actual farm, so there were a lot of animals to see. Madison was so excited. It was really the first time we'd been anywhere with live animals when she was old enough to recognize what they were. She was so excited. She especially loved the pony and the sheep.



My little "animals".



Maddie and Hailey in the little maze. We did the big corn maze too....not as fun in daylight.



Maddie trying to drive the...what are they called?



Logan driving too.



The kids in the "corn box" (instead of sand box) making "corn angles".



Little girl on a big swing.



We took a hayride to the pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin. (Look at the size of Logan's pumpkin.)



Hailey's pumpkin which we later carved into a witch.



Maggie's pumpkin which sat on her night stand as a decoration until she threw it out today (it was totally rotten).



The weather was beautiful, the friends were fun and all in all a fun trip.

We carved pumpkins later that night while watching Garfield's Halloween (it totally freaked Logan out) and then we roasted the pumpkin seeds.-yummy. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures, but it was pretty much the same as last year, only Madison was old enough to "help" this year (not so helpful). We spread the sheet out on the floor in the family room, covered it with newspaper and went nuts. It beats freezing my hands off trying to carve them outside like I used to, or sitting on the hard kitchen floor.....which I've also tried before.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It sounds and looks like the kids had a lot of fun! I love the pictures too! My girls would have loved it. That is the sad thing about living in the desert nothing fun like that. Just abunch of sand and rocks! Oh well!

Emily said...

Looks like so much fun. I love holiday activities...this time of year is a blast! You are all cute as ever.