I love Main Street in Park City. I ESPECIALLY love it in the fall. So, last week before the weather turned cold, I packed a lunch, plenty of water, jackets and a blanket and headed up to Park City for the day with my kids and my sister, Erin.
When we lived in Heber a few years ago, we'd go to Park City quite often. On one of these visits, we discovered the Park City city park (can we say redundant?). WE LOVE IT! It's completely fenced in, has beautiful trees, a sand box and even swings. As much as I get bored from pushing kids on swings, I still hate it that they don't make parks with swings any more.
So we headed to the park fist.
The drive up was beautiful. The Maples were all blazing red on the mountain and the Aspens were just starting to turn yellow. The weather was in the high 70's with a breeze and the sky was B L U E.
We ate lunch and I took an insane amount of pictures (which you will enjoy below). Madison was hilarious as usual and kept saying "pee-a-booo" any time she looked around a pole, tree trunk or through a hole.
5 holes....4 kids.....hmm.
The kids liked the tire swing best.
Madison "peeking" again.
Playing in the trees.
Erin sat on the blanket, enjoying the sun...and the food. :)
Instead of a dream catcher, could this be a "boy catcher"?
Sisters.
Maggie in the "spider web".
Madison insisted on climbing the stairs and going down the slide by herself.
Three monkeys in a tree. (Honestly, I tried to find one with Maggie's eyes open but, alas, there were none.)
After enough fun at the park, we headed to main street. We went to the book store and bought a great little book called, "If You Made a Million" (it's about saving money....very cute), and visited Miss Dolley, the cat who lives in the book store. We looked in the Christmas Shoppe (I love it when they spell it with an "e" like that), and a few different Galleries. My kids (most of them) love to look in the art galleries with me. We like the photo galleries best. We went to the fudge shoppe for fudge (heaven) and the City Candy Shoppe for ice cream cones ($11 for 4 ice creams!).
I'm really not sure who's more terrifying. Erin or the big brass bear.
But the best part of the trip was this art exhibit in the Kimball Art Museum. I can't remember the artists name, but he makes sculptures out of LEGO's and they were INCREDIBLE!
This one is called "Infinity"...... as the name suggests this labyrinth of LEGOs is a continual....circle? Well, it has no beginning and no end, whatever shape you call it.
This is a man coming through a wall of LEGOs (my favorite).
This is Erin and a blue LEGO man whose arm fell off....Oh MY!
This was Hailey's favorite and the entire thing is made of LEGOs. The fruit, the picture, easel, floor, furniture, EVERYTHING.
This was simply labeled "yellow". But I was thinking more like Clark Kent. Except instead of a rippling spandex covered chest with an enormous "S" you get, LEGOs falling out.....
Mirror mirror on the wall...
Logan trying to loose his head like "green" man.
The caption said this was made from all of the artists childhood LEGOs. He took apart all of the cars, buildings and space ships he'd built over the years and used them to create this self portrait.
So, feeling inspired from the exhibit and seeing the idea in , you guessed it, Family Fun magazine, Logan and I made this:
(It's a skull if you can't tell.)
On the way home we stopped at the outlets to buy a new pair of sunglasses. I left mine hanging in the soccer net at the park a few week prior. I got a really cool pair of Steve Madden (LOVE Steve Madden) glasses for a song. I really like them better than my old pair any way.
It was the perfect end to the perfect fall day.
3 comments:
Looks like you had better get cracking on filling that last hole with a child! LOL
The Legos are amazing! How fun! You inspire me!
What a fun day, you sure know how to make fun memories! I need to take my family to that Lego museum, Jake would probably enjoy it more than the kids.
We went to the Lego Exhibit too! Wasn't that incredible? So are you pondering filling that "5th hole"?
Post a Comment