Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Egg-cellent Easter

Whew! What a weekend!
My friend has been asking me for a while what we were doing for Easter, so she could use some of my ideas. I really couldn't think of much to tell her, and I wondered why I didn't have any traditions to pass along.
I realize now, that I don't have to come up with a bunch of my own ideas, because there is so much going on that we can hardly squeeze every thing in!

We started the weekend with our Homeschool Group Easter party on Friday. The kids made crafts and frosted cookies and played a few games. It was fun for them, and fun for the Mom's to catch up and swap ideas.

This was the craft I was in charge of: Bunny Ears. These could have been a lot cuter, but we were going for LOW budget.



Later that night we colored our Easter eggs so the Easter Bunny could hide them with the baskets that night. (We invite the Easter Bunny to our house on Friday night so the kids can find them on Saturday morning.)
This year we did "tie-dye" Easter eggs. They were fun to do and turned out really cool.



Hailey is holding a few of the finished eggs. (We did three dozen)



Madison on Saturday morning eating M&M's from her basket and getting them all over the carpet I just cleaned :(


Maggie's favorite part of her Easter basket:



Logan's Loot:



This was Madison's opinion of her Easter breakfast....She was less than impressed.



After finding our own Easter baskets we headed over to Nolan Park for the Eagle Mountain Easter Egg Hunt.
Lesson for the day : "Be as selfish as you can or you won't get any eggs". Seriously I'm not sure why we do this every year. Inevitably someone is crying because they were mowed down or didn't get enough eggs. It lasts less than a minute and the theme is every-kid-for-themselves.
It was also FREEZING!



Next it was off to the Heaton Family Easter party. We had dinner and played fun games. One of which was a game where you had to bend down and pick up a bag with your teeth. Gradually the bag gets cut down smaller, and smaller until you are lifting a piece of paper up off the floor with your teeth without putting your hands or knees on the ground. I was one of four winners. I discovered a hidden talent I didn't know I had: I'm very bendy!



On Sunday we went to my parents house for the Hanson Family Easter Egg Hunt. My mom always out-does herself with the candy, and the kids love it! She even made them each their own little Easter baskets.



Hey, who's that Handsome guy on the left?



Here we are in our Sunday clothes before church. We all coordinated in pinks and browns, and of course the baby is screaming. It wouldn't be Easter without the baby crying while I'm trying to take pictures of the family in our Easter Finery.



I'm relieved at the thought that the next Holiday (Hailey's Birthday) is two whole months away.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Your kids are just so cute! Looks like they had a great times hunting eggs! Kim you look great!

Michelle said...

So the baby is sad...but everyone else looks so darn cute! I love how you do up your holidays. I remember when I found out you even celebrated St. Patricks Day at MSU and I felt completely un-fun :)

Amber said...

What cute Easter pictures. It looks like you had a lot of fun with the eggs. I think we only made 6 Easter eggs and that was plenty for me. Three dozen Easter Eggs you are a super mom!