Monday, September 17, 2012

The office is finally finished!

The house is still coming together, but I finally got the office and school closet organized last week! I'm SO excited to have them done. Getting it done has been like a big grey cloud hovering above my head for the last several weeks.
I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!


I love decorating but hate, hate, HATE spending a lot of money. We did have to buy new book cases and office chair but thanks to IKEA and Costco, they were affordable. I bought new curtains, but other than that I was able to do everything with stuff I already had. The desk is our old kitchen table which as been collecting dust in my garage for the last 4 1/2 years.


The little chair was a hand-me-over from my neighbor. It was on it's way to the DI (probably because of the hideous scratchy forest green upholstery, but just throw a blanket over it and voila, it's soft and un-offending.


This shelf was a reject from my sister and the decorations were somewhere else in my house.


This lamp used to be cherry and then it had a red lampshade. A little bit of black spray paint and an adorable ($5) lampshade and it's perfect.
 
This cute caddy was another reject from my sister. My family always asks me if I wan their crap unwanted items before they get rid of them. Score for me!


The closet looks so good I hardly want the kids getting into it......




I love coming in here now. In fact I look for excuses to get on the computer, something I used to avoid as much as possible.
Not sure that's a good thing. ;)

4 comments:

Cori said...

It looks fantastic! Well done and enjoy.

Reid Family said...

Looks fantastic! LOVE the colors! Great job!

Candice said...

I LOVE IT!

Joyous said...

that looks FABULOUS! I am super jealous! I wish I had a house I could decorate how I want! (I'm not coveting- I'm using you as inspiriation for when we finally settle down. :-)) So cute!