Monday, September 13, 2010

Surprise

Yesterday, we came home from Stake Conference and discovered that our cat had had kittens.



On our bed.






Bringing the total cat population in the Heaton household to a grand total of 9. That's right, 9 cats! We are now officially the crazy cat people.

The kittens are cute, but I'm having heart palpitations when I think of the cost to my checkbook having to provide food and litter for so many cats for the next two months, and to my home when those little kittens start tearing it apart....again!

This same tramp, I mean cat, had kittens back in March. We had to wait for her to finish nursing that batch before we could fix her, and she went into heat and sneaked out of the house before we had a chance.

I'm not sure when I became so grumpy about the pets. I used to LOVE pets, but now I feel it a charitable act to tolerate them. It's for the children I tell my self. What a mother won't do for her kids.

6 comments:

Olivia said...

Ha, ha, ha! If that tramp, er... cat is going to keep having kittens you need to teach her how to grab a towel and to lay on it. Your poor bed!

Katie K said...

Haha! Goodness. That's a lot of cats.

Cali said...

Haha! That's hilarious. Except the part about your bed. You are a better person than I am. We have a kitten next door that comes and plays on our grass (cuz our neighbor has none) and it's fun to watch, but a relief when it goes home where it belongs. :)

Angela Hill said...

Dang that stinks! You are a great mom. No house cats here. We have a female cat that claimed us after we moved in. We have had Tom cats hang around but never have had kittens... knock on wood, maybe she was fixed before she came to choose our home.

DIAZ BLOG said...

Well....I hate cats (mostly because I am very allergic) and now you "ARE" the crazy cat people :) I would be just as annoyed...if not more so....that the kittens were born on my bed! Seriously!! It is time for a new bedspread for sure! Oh and a dog, (maybe he will eat some of the cats...just kidding!)

Michelle said...

haha! I'm still laughing about the previous comment...Kim, you are WAY sweeter than I am. My poor kids.